Day Two Hundred and Thirty Seven In The Life Of Your Demon Goddess



Hello My Lovelies!

Yes, I know it’s been awhile since you’ve heard from me but it’s not because I’ve been slack ass…

…Okay I’ve been slack ass but I’ve also been super busy and had a lot going on.  As of today I’m two full months post op from my hysterectomy.  I’m not at the point where I can say “AWWW YEAH BOYEEEEE!!  BEST SURGERY EVER!”  I’m still having hot flashes and while I knew that wouldn’t fix that little issue, it sure the hell is nice to not be on the rag constantly.  The best part of it is I was originally scheduled to go back to work four weeks post op but I ended up going back TWO WEEKS!  I’m a Boss, dammit! 

Besides, the paperwork for the short term disability was a pain in the ass.  Hell, I was still getting paperwork from them at the beginning of THIS month! Sent my money all late!  That crap was for the birds!  The next time I have to take time out for surgery, I’ll use vacation/sick leave.  I’m never going through that crap again!

So anyhoo, I would love to say that my writing is on schedule but it’s not.  I’m actually running behind on Kurai Utopia’s editing.  There’s too much going on in the private life for me to focus on it, but this weekend I’m actually sitting down with it and making head ways with it.  Thirty four pages down, two hundred and fifty-one pages to go!  Hey, I’m on a roll!  I haven’t gotten this much done in ages.  It’ll all come together as I completely recommit myself to my writing career. 

The work situation?  Pshh – I’ve decided to not worry about it anymore.  There’s nothing I can do about it so I’ve stopped talking about it and just do what I gotta do to make from one day to the next.  It only made me agitated and angry and quite frankly, it was killing my vibe.  I couldn’t be the insane lovable demon that you’ve come to know and love…hate…whatever while stressing out over silly useless things.  I’m doing some events for the job and I love getting out and meeting the people.  I would tell you where my next event was…but then I’d have to worry about getting knifed so you’ll just have to worship me from afar.   

I'm seriously done stressing over the evilness of people and things I can't control.  Make ur haterz ur motivators…or some ole shit like that.  I’m all for saying “fuck’em with Sandusky’s dick,” but I’m trying to keep this a family blog.

For the record, haters are not my motivators. They're those little brown things I leave in the toilet. I don't reflect on them; I flush them and keep it moving.

Let’s get to my writing projects.  I’ve picked a pseudonym for my children’s story…because, you know…I can’t write about demons fucking like crazy supernatural bunnies and then turn around and write about children skipping happily through a willowy glen.  That’s just wrong.  Since I’ve decided to embrace the Paranormal/Science Fiction/Fantasy/Demon genres, I’ve given up on most cinema, books and other items that are not related to my writing styles.  Yeah, that’s right – I can have more than one style.  I’m a Boss, dammit!  Why should I relegate myself to just one style or genre?  I can have it awwwwl!  I want it awwwwwl!  I gotta have it awwwwwl!

Anyhoo, since I’ve embraced heathenism er Buddhism, writing a story about angels will be a challenge; well, not as much as I think it will be but it will still cause some dilemma for me.  I haven’t studied Christian theology for some time now and while I have a wealth of people who can talk me through a lot of the paradigms, I’ll do it under my real time name so people will associate both demon fantasy writings along with this new concept.  I’m going to be eviscerated either way but oddly enough, I really don’t care.  I write what I want to read…everyone else is along for the adventure.  Well, it’s your choice, of course and I hope you do…but you know I’m straight no chaser about who I am so you gotta know ahead of time to strap in and saddle up.

As I've said, one of my other projects is writing a children’s story based on Irish folklore.  Yeah, that’s right.  I can be a black American writer and create Irish children stories.  Anyhoo, doing it online is hard so I gotta go to the place that seems abandoned – the library.  Yeah, I know I can do it online but I look at monitors for the better part of eight hours at work, followed by an average of three when I get home.  That’s a lot of squinting for an old gal with diabetic eyes.  That idea came about from a magazine publisher who was soliciting short stories for publication in a children’s magazine.  I came up with a storyboard but I liked the concept so much I decided to keep it and make a series out of it.  So far I have the storyboards for five books but this in itself presents a challenge for me.  Yall know me.  I’m wordy.  I can throw out a 10,000+ word chapter without a second thought, especially when I get in the zone.  Little kids, ages 6 to 10, don’t have the capacity to sit through that much wording, so pulling it back will be a fun challenge.  It’s been more than 40 years since I’ve been under the age of 10 so I gotta go back and check out some of the books of my youth to remember what that was like.  

The other project in my head is the continuation of “The Mirror’s Edge.”  Some of my faithful fan fiction readers will remember the short story as a Kagome/Sesshomaru story that was dedicated to the memory of Musicallady1. The feedback I got when I published it to Smashwords was, “where’s the rest of it?” so I’ve decided to make it an urban fantasy romance.  I’m not an urban writer but one of my favorite sites thankfully published a how-to on writing urban fantasies and building a world around it.  My wolves will be wolf demons, not demons that look human and can turn into wolves but the supernatural manifestation of animal spirits in human form.  They can turn into demonic wolves…not like those punk beyotch wolves on “True Blood” though.  My wolf pack will be ‘bout it.  I still have to work out the storyboard for it but one of my wolf demons already have a name – “Ponce.”  Pronounced “pon-cey,” this name just rocks my world.  I can’t wait to utilize it.  Actually, I’m trying to convince my cousin George to become an urban fiction writer and suggested the name to him so I hope to see it in print. 

Okay I gotta go but I promise I’ll update more often.  Next Friday is my 48th birthday and I’ll be working an event all weekend so BOO working on my birthday but YAY for the extra stacks! I got a kid in college and I aint making stacks from the writing any time soon so gotta make that money, honey!

Cya soon!  Peace out!

nnb

Comments

  1. WHEEEEE!!!!!

    Just when I start to wonder, "What the h*ll is Nila up to?" along comes an update! Whew, you had me kinda worried there, gal!!

    So many plans... so many options... so much to accomplish. Still, I don't doubt, not for one minute, your ability to accomplish all you set out to achieve. You're just THAT damn good. A BOSS? Oh, HELLS yeah!!! A total BOOOSSSSS!!!!!

    Sorry to hear about your sucky birthday plans, but I'm working on my b-day too, sweetheart, so don't feel too badly!
    :D
    LOVE YA!
    ~~me~~
    PS - I'm still on board with the editing stuffs, anytime you're ready! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting To Know Me, Getting to Know You: Explaining My Demonic World

Being A Black Paranormal Demon Writer In A Color Struck World

Reflections Of You - My Tribute to Mrs. Sabrina Leon Davis