The Release of Kurai Utopia Book Two: Ignition

Hello my Lovelies!

On September 1, 2014, I finally released the second book in the 'Kurai Utopia" Trilogy entitled, "Ignition."  The book picks up from where the last book ended; Katashi and Hikari getting all hot and heavy in the interrogation room at the Capitol after he seeks her help in uncovering the plot against him.

As she prepares for the space cruise, Hikari wrestles with her feelings for Katashi, unaware that he's doing the same thing. She goes on the cruise, meets up with Kenshin and Hyori, and hilarity ensues. There's one very tense near rape moment, but our girl manages to come out on top and gets the tiger demon, Bai Hu, under control...sort of.

On the other side of the coin, Yoshio, the gentle-natured Minister of Health, Labor and Benevolent Welfare (HLBW) is so desperate to keep his beloved Haruna with him for all time, he joins a few unsavory fellows and inadvertently finds himself in a terrible predicament that could get him and his entire family killed. 

There are a lot of plot twists, and new characters are introduced, including the Demon World Council. Our heroine and anti-hero finally come together, but as they ponder the nature of their relationship, an act of civil disobedience by four of Hikari's friends may spell disaster for everyone.

I actually had fun with this particular book, including adding a brand new chapter called "Breathe," that was specially written for this Trilogy and has never appeared in the fan fiction version of this story. There is a special fantasy element in this chapter that I'm excited about and hope that you, as the reader, will enjoy it. The third book is going to be more complex because I have to rewrite elements of it and tie the entire story together. That's difficult for an ensemble piece, and a lot of authors tend to throw away their final book because they're tired of it, and I'm looking not to make that mistake. I will kill a few more people than I did in the fan fiction story. I'm not going to George RR Martin people, but not everyone can have a happy ending.

I actually had an issue with the cover. You see, the original cover I wanted wasn't possible the way I planned, so instead of making it work, I went with an easier cover; one with glowing red eyes that kind of grabbed your attention...except the printed version looked like shit. It was fine on the Kindle version, but the paperback edition was so bad that I revisited the original cover idea and managed to do something completely different with it. I love how it turned out, and I hate that I second guessed myself on it. The indecisiveness may have cost me potential readers. In order to head off the negative exposure of the first cover, I offered Book One: Journey of the Damned, free on Kindle for five days. Whereas I sold about 100 copies this year, more than 400 downloaded the free version and I'm really stoked about it. I hope they enjoy it enough to review and purchase the second and third books.

My daughter Charlene helped me with the editing and she did a wonderful job of it. She'll definitely help me with the final book. I'm glad to have her in my corner.

People ask me all the time, "how are the books selling?" Would I like to make a lot of money? Of course I would, but that's not what this project is about. I wanted to get my name out there and I think I'm getting somewhere in that department. Once the final book is done, I'll be able to move forward on other works and get my career going. This is a book series that derived from my fan fiction story in the "Inuyasha" universe, which is why I'm not banking my entire writing career on it. It's what will follow that will define my true place in literature.

I know I should have announced the book release sooner, but the cover issues, coupled with issues back home, had me put this off until now.  Again, I'm loving the cover of the second book...it really stands out, don't you think?


Yeah, that's sexy. You can purchase it at Amazon here: Kurai Utopia Book Two: Ignition

I actually liked the first promotion so well that I'll probably offer Kurai Utopia Book One again some time next month. 

Well, it's on to the final book. I'm looking to have it done before Christmas. I hope. You know how it goes.

Until then, Ciao!

nnb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting To Know Me, Getting to Know You: Explaining My Demonic World

Being A Black Paranormal Demon Writer In A Color Struck World

Reflections Of You - My Tribute to Mrs. Sabrina Leon Davis